Tuesday 5 August 2014

'A Wife of Noble Character'


I love the book of Proverbs. I’ve been going over chapter 31:10-31, ‘A wife of noble character’
No, I’m not married, but I can start to put these qualities I hope to have as a wife, into place now. I came up with these points:

-she brings good to him, not harm, all the days of her life. (I can start by doing this in my family...even when I don’t feel like it)
-she works with eager hands (I can practice this by working hard in my schooling, work for dad, when I cook etc.)
-she gets up while it is still dark (Yes...I guess I can start that too)
-her lamp does not go out at night (I can continue to work on good projects after completing my routine)
-she sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. (I can work through my daily tasks vigorously without wasting time)
-she has no fear for her household (well neither do I ;))
-she is clothed with strength and dignity (Two qualities I can start praying God will teach me to have)
-she can laugh at the days to come (hmmm I guess I can stop worrying about the future)
-she speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue (I can use these years to study and memorize God’s word so that as a wife/mother I will be able to do this)
-she watches over the affairs of her household (When I am in authority I can practise this)
-she does not eat the bread of idleness (Lord help me not to do this...even now while I’m young)

‘Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.’

Lord help me focus on who I am on the inside and to grow in the reverential fear of you.

I think the thing I’m realizing is, that no one just suddenly becomes wise, or clothed with dignity or any of the things this woman is. It is learnt out of habit, out of prayer and out of reading the Bible. I want to start working on these things now so that one day they might become habits I’ll be thankful to have later on.

-Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment